Support This Blogger

Friday, October 12, 2007

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!

My Frank Mills CD arrived today! I just finished ripping it and synching it to the Zune.

I'm sitting here listening to "Love Me, Love Me, Love", that old childhood favorite song that I haven't heard in years, even as I type.

I freakin' love the Internet. I'd never, ever have been able to find this song again without it. Heck, had it not been for the internet, I wouldn't even have heard the song since the early 1970s, when it was popular on the radio. As it is, as I posted before, I heard the song a grand total of one time since the 70s, and that was in 1998 when I was listening to a Canadian radio station on the internet.

BTW, as I discovered during my search for the song, Frank Mills is Canadian. This explains, at least in part, his appearance on that radio station at that particular time. Canadian stations have to air the work of at least a certain percentage of Canadian artists. So Frank Mills probably receives a bit more airtime in Canada than in the US. Of course, the freaking song is just good, IMO, which makes me wish it'd see some airplay once in a while down here, too.

But since most US radio stations seem to be locked into narrow formats these days, if you want to hear a song you really like, most of the time you have to play it yourself. Which I can do, now, since I OWN the song. :o)

I'm all happy now. :o)

No comments: