Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I'm trying yet again to send this post... I thought it went through yesterday, but I was mistaken. So here we are: Brief Update, Round Two.
After having heard, on a few different occasions, from people who were wondering why I hadn't updated the blog in several weeks, I thought I'd dash off a quick post to mention that I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. One friend made the valid point that since a lot of my more recent (so to speak) posts dealt with losing my job and dealing with depression, that having an unexpected break in posting could create a certain amount of worry.

Fortunately, most of the individuals who I know check in on here to see what's up are people whom I've either seen face-to-face or emailed in the past few weeks. But just in case there's someone whom I haven't been in direct touch with recently: sorry about that! I'm still in one piece.

Part of my problem has been that since I got this PDA/cell phone, most of my posts have been sent via email from the phone. Which is fine, except that there's been a service outage on AOL's mail system... it's allowing AOL mail to go out TO cell phones, but it's having genuine problems sending OUTGOING mail. This has been going on for the past three weeks, and I've exchanged emails with AOL's tech support several times regarding the problem. I also spoke to their live tech support; that was the person who gave me the email address to contact in the first place.

Anyway... outgoing mail problems are the reason why at least three posts from a week ago never got posted. That, plus now blogger.com appears to be having some sort of issue with emailed posts that contain photos. According to status.blogger.com, they're aware of the problem and are working on it.

In the meantime, I had to get creative yesterday when I wanted to send a little camera picture from the Phillies game. Mark and I went to the first game of the doubleheader. Welcome Back, Randy Wolf, a pitcher whom I've always had a soft spot for. :o) It was so nice to see him win his first game back, after not having played in the majors since July of last year. I can't believe how long it takes to recuperate from Tommy John surgery, but then again that kind of operation is pretty involved.

During the game, besides seeing Randy Wolf win, we saw the official announcement that the Phillies traded Bobby Abreu and Corey Lidle. They showed Abreu sitting in the dugout with his teammates, and the fans promptly gave him a standing ovation until he came out onto the field and waved back to us all. Then we kept ON cheering until Corey Lidle came out and took a curtain call of his own. Nice guys. I wish them the best. I'm glad I got to be there and join in the cheering.

OK, so that's my quick update for the day. Tomorrow should be interesting -- we get the vertical blinds for the front windows tomorrow. That should make the Kitty Committee happy, since they'll be able to look out the front window any time they please once the new blinds go up. :o)

No comments: