Support This Blogger

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Fixing my prescription, Part II

I called the pharmacy to verify just what the doctor's office had to say, about the prescription issue that I encountered yesterday.

Yes, the doc's office messed up by sending them a script for the wrong version of the med I take (extended-release vs. whatever the other version is called). So they have sent through a correct script for the RIGHT version of the medication.

The pharmacy started the conversation by telling me, "We had trouble getting through to your doctor's office...". I somehow managed not to blurt out, "NO KIDDING."

Have I mentioned that I am going to have a long talk with my doctor, when I have this long-awaited appointment, about several things? Like, how hard it is to get through at all, the fact that they come off answering service later than they should in the morning, and go back onto it earlier than they should at the end of the day? And that getting a prescription refilled generally involves an extended game of telephone tag, whether it's me or the pharmacy trying to call?

If I had my way, they'd have someone in that office who does ONLY phone calls. They need it. That flipping thing rings off the flipping hook, as I can see firsthand every time I go there (and/or have to call in). They would also have a voicemail system set up, as well as an office email address so patients can send in questions or requests after hours. Oh, and they would take freaking CREDIT CARDS instead of being cash-only.

I worked at the front desk of a medical clinic for over a year. I am 100% aware of the fact that all these things can be done. The way things are set up now, it's probably hard on the office staff as well as the patients and pharmacies who are trying to call.

No comments: