Support This Blogger

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Girard

Today, due to the heat, Mark and I found a new place to walk Mini. I'd never been to the park surrounding Stephen Girard's mansion before, but I've seen it from the bus and I knew it has a lot of shade.

It has so many trees that even when the temperature is hot, the park itself is a bit cooler than the surrounding area because the pavement has more shade than sun. There's not much to be done about the temperature when the heat reaches summer-like levels, but at least you don't have the asphalt and the sidewalk absorbing the sun's heat and throwing it back at you when you're trying to walk.

Needless to say, I'll be keeping that site in mind as a possible dog-walking location during the summer. I'll have to do SOMEthing creative, because Mini the Wee needs her exercise but not at the expense of risking heat exhaustion.

No comments: