Support This Blogger

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Yesterday they had The Last Stroll at the Spectrum, including tours of the Phantoms' locker room (which the Flyers once used), the press box, autographs from Broad-Street-Bullies-era Flyers alumni, and the ability to visit our Season Ticket seats one final time. I took as many photos as I could OF our seats and FROM our seats, as well as getting pics during the above-mentioned tour.

I didn't have anything for the Flyers alumni to sign, so instead I took photos with Joe Watson, Orest Kindrachuk, Bob Kelly, and the deity of goaltending Bernie Parent.

I wish I could get in a time machine and go back and tell the 10-year-old me, who was going through those tough times but was also an avid Flyers fan, that I was able to thank members of that Flyers team for making me a hockey fan, and make them smile. :) And that on encountering Orest "O" Kindrachuk, I cheered, "O!!!!!!" and he got a huge kick out of that. And, most of all, that I got a smile from Bernie Parent when I told him that he had made me a fan of goaltending.

Knowing that such great things were in my future, even 30+ years in the future, would have made life easier on 10-year-old me. Or at least it would have made me more interested in sticking around long enough for those great things to happen.

Maybe that's God's way of reminding me that I should ALWAYS keep on wanting to stick around, no matter how tough times are, if only because some future me will then be able to do something that would make the current me do handsprings for joy.

No comments: