Support This Blogger

Friday, October 09, 2009

Fed Up With Nasty-grams

Boy, a couple of my preferred hockey message boards have turned into nastygram-fests lately. Everything people post seems to be a complaint about something, even when the Flyers win, or else insulting comments made to other posters.

Strange that the bout with Nasty-itis would happen simultaneously in multiple locations, no?

But wait... what were those lyrics from Clouds again? "But now, my friends are acting strange. They shake their heads, they say I've changed..."

Hmm. Maybe the message boards are the same as always, and my tolerance for the snarkiness is what's dropped in recent days.

Either way, for the time being, I'll be spending less time on the sites that have gotten on my reserve nerve recently. (I can't entirely leave either site, as I'm a moderator at one, and the other has non-nasty people on it whom I've known online since the 1990s.) So I'll merely curtail visits to those places for a bit. When either the atmosphere on those sites or my tolerance for the goings-on there show some improvement, I'll go back to spending more time there.

No comments: