Support This Blogger

Monday, October 05, 2009

I've compared losing the Phantoms to feeling like I've experienced the death of a loved one before, both aloud and in print.

Over the weekend, I was surprised by one particular psychosomatic symptom that I've only experienced in the past after a bereavement. I'll spare my readers the details, though people who know me offline may already have an inkling of what I'm referring to.

In any event, let's just say that my subconscious mind is grieving, even to the point where my conscious mind needs a few moments to register where some symptoms are coming from.

Never discount the mind-body connection. The state of the one *will* make itself be reflected in the other, especially at times when a person is trying to gloss over or ignore the fact that some situation is truly hurtful to them.

No comments: