Support This Blogger

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Here I sit at Cosi at 30th Street Station, in the hopes that there'll be a few more arrivals for my monthly OLPC meeting. I always buy lunch and a beverage, to make up for the fact that I will be helping to co-opt a table here for the better part of the afternoon.

I've never been the only one to show up. However, there were a couple months during the past year when I "called out sick", and the other Most Regular Attendee has been the only arrival.

Heck, even if all I do is sit here and surf on the XO for a few hours, it gets me out of the house. ;) So I sit here and surf for a while instead of sitting on the sofa and surfing... no harm, no foul.

I do have to say, though, that I'm glad that Cosi's wifi connection is working. That's more than we have been able to say for some prior months when we had groups coming in here. It's pretty sad when you're sitting practically right UNDER the wifi router, with a direct line-of-sight to the device, and your machine can't "see" it or make a connection.

There is, or at least was, one other freebie wifi available at 30th Street Station. Its name is "Home of the Best Cheesesteak", and I don't know which vendor provides it. I presume that it's one of the several proprietors in the food court, though. (Duh, no kidding, lol.) It USED to be the most reliable wifi available in here, but for the past few months, it hasn't worked. That's a pity.

I wanted to put our Nerd Meeting on my justin.tv channel, as I did in February, but I think I might just wait until someone else arrives. In the meantime, I think I'll register my Cosi rewards card and read the latest news.

No comments: