Support This Blogger

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Thursday is the final day of my Physical Therapy prescription, and coincidentally I have an appointment that day.

The therapist will be giving me pointers on what exercises to do at home, as well as what to look for in a gym should I decide to join one. A stationary bike and a treadmill are two necessities. Leg and hip exercise machines, like the ones I'm using now at PT, are needed as well.

There are a few places in the immediate neighborhood that I think I'd be able to check out. Interestingly, he recommended mom-and-pop type gyms over Big Name Chain Establishments, if I have to choose between the two, because a lot of the times the Big Names cost more just because they ARE a Big name. So that's a bit of food for thought.

One thing's for sure, though: I have to do SOMEthing. If regular daily activity was enough to get my strength up and keep it up, I wouldn't have been sent to physical therapy in the first place. And if losing muscle tone means I will go back to feeling like I did pre-therapy, well, that's not even remotely acceptable. Forget THAT. So I'll be looking into some nearby gyms, and choosing one to go to, in the forseeable future.

In other news: I have voted. If you're also in the US and age 18 or above, then I hope you have voted, as well. I look on voting not just as a right or a privilege, but as an OBLIGATION. People have given up their lives to obtain and maintain the right to vote, in this and other countries. The least we can do is honor their sacrifices by heading out to the polling place and pulling some levers/pushing some buttons/filling out a ballot/whatever the voting process is in each of our districts.

Besides, if someone doesn't vote, then I don't want to hear them gripe if they don't like the job that the winning candidate is doing. Speak your mind in a voting booth first, IMO. Whoever can't be bothered to do that shouldn't trouble themselves to grouse about the election results.

May the best candidates win. That way, we'll ALL win.

No comments: