Support This Blogger

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I had an "Oh, shoot!" moment this morning.

It came about because for the past few days, my knee has been killing me In particular, it seems to want to ache like murder if I've been sitting for any length of time, as well as right when I get up in the morning. If I walk around a bit, the pain begins to subside.

Then I remembered a word I learned during my stint at the rheumatology clinic. "Gelling". It's pain and stiffness of the arthritic joint(s) first thing in the morning or after a period of inactivity. It's a symptom associated with osteoarthritis.

Oh, shoot! Have I graduated from merely having arthritic symptoms at times, to having flat-out OA? I'm not sure.

So now I'm going to monitor this for a few days, to see if it clears up once the incoming rainy weather is done. If it does, yay. If not, well, I have a doctor's appointment coming up in a few weeks, anyway. I'll mention it then.

No comments: