Support This Blogger

Thursday, March 25, 2010

The latest and greatest

Both my yarn orders arrived today, including two different brands of glow-in-the-dark yarn. My goal is to make an EPIC baby blankie for my great-niece/nephew-to-be. :-)

John R. came through the angioplasty on Tuesday with flying colors, much to everyone's great relief. There's a certain amount of risk inherent in the procedure for a diabetic, but in this case, they HAD to do something. Thank God for the number of teaching hospitals in Philly, because they're willing to do procedures here that other areas' hospitals (cough WEST CHESTER cough) refuse to even attempt. I knew that John's move to the city would be a good idea, and it's paying dividends less than a month into his residence here.

I talked Mark into letting me inquire after adopting that 10-year-old Chihuahua that I was completely smitten by at the dog adoption fair at Sunday's Flyers game. So I emailed the shelter, and now we'll see what happens. They said that she's housebroken and is OK with cats. If they're correct about the "OK with cats" part, in particular, I'll start filling out the forms immediately. I was impressed with how calm she was even in the face of the chaos on the Wach Center concourse... most dogs, other than service dogs, are not exposed to that level of stimulus on a regular basis, and she handled it better than I'd have expected, considering her age and the fact that many of her breed are high-strung dogs.

She seems pretty low-key, and she's half the size of Stanley/one third the size of Captain. If she's as calm around them as she was on Sunday, she shouldn't intimidate them too much.

So we'll see what happens. I hope the shelter doesn't take too long to respond to my email.

No comments: