Support This Blogger

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I got the good news as I was walking in my front door this afternoon. The phone began ringing just as I got home from the Flyers/Phantoms training camp sessions. The temp agency called to say that I got the assignment and I start Monday. So yay, things look like I'll be working through the end of the year.

I look forward to the job. I *don't* necessarily look forward to the commute, but for three months, I'll survive. Goodness knows I've survived far worse things than a long commute, and for a lot longer than three months. Just look al how long I put up with the nonsense at the hospital job.

Speaking of which, I found out a little while ago that the new practice manager, the one who took over three weeks before I left, has resigned. NOW the higher-ups seem to finally realize just how messed up some of the goings-on are in there, *and* just who's causing the problems. Too bad it's too late to do me any good, and too bad it took the resignation of a person with a long and distinguished career within the health system to finally bring the real problems to light.

According to the little birdie ;o) that informed me of this development, heads may roll as a result of what's happened in there. I know just which harridans should be first in line, if that's the case. I guess I'll find out eventually if upper management agrees with me.

For now, I'm glad to know this so I can take the former manager's name off my list of references. I only worked for her for three weeks, anyway. At least I still have my original manager's contact info; she's the one I worked for during the first 11 months I was there.

I've already gone through my "business professional" wardrobe, which I haven't had to use regularly for a while, and a lot of it will do, for the time being. But I'll need some more blouses to go with the suits I have. Luckily, I also have dresses I can wear, so I won't need to wear blouses every day. (Meaning that the blouses I do have will last longer, so to speak, before I?ve worn them all to work at least once.)

It's been a heck of a day. I need a nap.

No comments: