Support This Blogger

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

I got my car back from the mechanic today, after it was inspected and some work was done on it. The front brakes were replaced, the oil was changed, and it's going back over the weekend so he can fix the muffler with a part that is supposed to come in on Friday.

That's the good news.

The bad news is that even though he recharged my a/c with freon, it's still not working. The compressor is shot. The mechanic said that due to the age of the car (it's from 1989), it's not worth it to fix the compressor. He didn't even say what it would cost. Mark, who picked the car up after work, didn't ask, and I'm afraid to ask.

So I guess I'll have no a/c in the car from now on. At least the fan works. That's better than nothing.

In other news... I'm surprised that I've only had one minor headache so far. Well, two, actually, since I had another one today. I've been so tired since Friday, when I found out that I didn't get the South Philly-based job, that a part of me has been waiting for the migraine to come crashing down at any moment. Extreme fatigue -- not just a little bit tired, but "ready to fall asleep as soon as I stop moving" tired -- is often a precursor to a migraine for me, and BOY have I ever been tired for the past few days. Maybe it's because I haven't been sleeping all that well since Friday, either.

Anyway, I hate to come on here and do nothing but gripe, so let's see... where's some good news? Ah, yes. I know. On Monday evening I went with Jean and Joe J. to a sign-language get-together in NJ. Every Monday, some Deaf people meet up with ASL students in the food court of a nearby  mall, and just chat from dinnertime until the mall closes. Jean and Joe J went once before, and this was my first time going there, but we liked it a lot and we'll be going again. Karla would've been there, too, but she wasn't available on Monday. She wants to come some other week, though.

Gotta scoot. I need to make a phone call.

No comments: