Support This Blogger

Friday, July 06, 2012

Oh, for mercy's sake. Really? MORE issues?

Aye yi freaking yi.

The good news is, my parents went to see my aunt today and she was mentally 100% herself. That's outstanding. She is, however, still extremely weak and can't get up on her own. She can't sit up from a lying-down position and most likely can't walk. Hospice workers will be on hand from now on.

And the bad news? My 90-year-old father-in-law is in the hospital with pneumonia. My sister-in-law called Mark at work today (never a good sign, as she normally waits until evening when we're both home to call us). Dad fell out of bed twice last night. They took him to the hospital, and discovered he has pneumonia in one lung. Mark said they admitted him "as a precaution", but I'm not sure how much of a precaution it is when there's pneumonia present. I think at that point they have a perfectly good reason to treat the person as an inpatient.

So, we'll see where all these things lead us.

I faxed my doctor's office to have them refill my migraine prescription, for the first time in a few years. Stress is my one known migraine trigger, and I've been getting various levels of headache lately. I only have one dose of Imitrex left, and I want to get it in the house sooner, rather than later. A person can only take so much of this.

No comments: