Support This Blogger

Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy, healthy, blessed, and prosperous New Year to all, from Mark and me! From Captain and Stanley, "Happy MEW Year!" :-)

For the first time in my life, I'll be absent from two Mummers Parades in a row. Last year, it was too soon after the knee surgery and I couldn't stand for all those hours without respite. This year, besides the extreme fatigue that I've been battling -- which I now understand the cause of, thanks to the blood test -- I'm also concerned that the off-kilter bloodwork results will mean that my resistance to germs isn't what it should be. The last thing I need is to catch the flu or something equally undesirable from someone else in the crowd, at a time when my blood counts have seen better days.

The Flyers and Bruins are playing outdoors in the Winter Classic, even as I speak. I'd have loved to attend this game, but the tickets were supremely hard to come by and cost a small fortune into the bargain. Not to mention, I'd have needed some more funds for the round-trip to Boston and the hotel stay as well. I don't have that kind of disposable cash lying around. Therefore, I'll be cheering the Flyers on from my warm living room sofa, coffee cup in hand and at least one feline parked nearby for his Daily Doting. GO FLYERS!

No comments: