Support This Blogger

Thursday, October 27, 2005

LOL!!!

I just had to call a patient's home number. Nothing's unusual about
that. I got their answering machine. That's also within the bounds of
"normal" (such as it is around here).

What's NOT usual was the language that the answering machine greeting
was in.

Canine.

The *entire* answering machine greeting consisted of the patient's dog
barking.

I called the number again, to make sure that I'd dialled correctly.
Same machine. Same dog barking.

I called the patient's work number. I hate to do that when I'm not
assured that I'll be contacting the patient directly... if I get a
receptionist, I'm limited in what I can say in order to protect the
patient's privacy, but some places won't transfer the call unless you
ID yourself and provide the reason for the call. I confirmed the date
and time of the patient's upcoming appointment, then asked, "Is that
your dog on your answering machine?"

Yes, it is. "Just checking. That's a cute idea!"

After I hung up, I burst out laughing. :o) Too funny!

Hmm. I wonder if I can get Captain and Stanley to purr a greeting for
OUR voice mail? ;o)



__________________________________
Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005
http://mail.yahoo.com

No comments: