Support This Blogger

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I got the job-offer letter today. :o)

I saw it was in with our mail, after I returned from my second visit to the Occupational Medicine department this week. On Monday, I had to fill out some paperwork, get the TB test, and have my blood drawn so they could test it for immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, and chicken pox. (I think that's all.)

Today, I had to go back and show them the arm that they did the TB test on, to prove that it hadn't reacted to the test.

Once I was done, I realized that I was not toooooo far from where Joe M's day job is. It was 11:45 AM, so I called him to find out what he was doing for lunch, as it's his birthday. To make a long story less long, he'd planned to go to lunch at noon, so I walked to meet him for lunch and then we visited a Chinese buffet that was nearby.

So that was nice. And I'm glad that I got to see him for lunch -- A) it's his birthday and B) I'd have hated to have to head all the way out to Occupational Medicine for a less-than-two-minute-long followup exam. Well, the other important thing was that I got the paper signed by the doctor that I'd come through the tests fine.

Or, at least, I'd come through the tests that they have results for. They're still waiting for some of the labwork from the blood test I had on Monday. I'm not worried. I know for a fact that I've already had mumps (both sides) and chicken pox, and I've had the MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine. I also had a booster shot for measles a few years later. Oh, and I also had the smallpox vaccine when I was an infant. So they should be able to figure all that out when they take a look at the blood sample I gave them. Between that, and the negative TB test, all should be well. (Oh, and the drug test, too -- I *know* there'll be no problem with THAT. The only things I take are my prescriptions, none of which should register as a problem on a drug test.)

So... I have all the tests taken care of, I have my scrubs, I have my job-offer letter. I'm all set.

I wish I could report to work sooner than May 2. I am SOOOO ready to start.

No comments: