Support This Blogger

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

HALLELUJAH! FINALLY!

In the past four weeks, I've had interviews with three different companies. This morning, I got a job offer from one of them!

Starting on May 2, I will be a Patient Services Representative at one of the local teaching hospitals. In the interest of confidentiality, I'd probably be better off not saying for which department, since I've seen news articles in recent months where people lost jobs for disclosing work-related things on blogs.

But what I CAN say is that I found out about the job because one of Joe M's many cousins works there. She told him about the opening, he told ME about it and gave me the link where I could apply online, and I did. I was hoping that this particular job would pan out, because this one was the first company in a while that called me back for a second interview. (The last place that had me back for a second interview was Cigna, four years ago. Shortly thereafter, they had budget cuts and instituted a hiring freeze. Argh.) But I didn't want to get my hopes up, since I've been disappointed multiple times in the past few years. I didn't even blog about any of the interviews; it's too draining to feel obliged to post how it panned out when things don't go the way one wants them to.

Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR, and it's jolly well about time I could post some good news on here. :o)

No comments: