Support This Blogger

Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Remember the rocket scientist who spelled part of his own company's name wrong on the insurance application? This afternoon I got another application that needs to be filed in the "How's that again?" category.

The moment I saw the business's address, I thought something was wrong. I couldn't imagine that anyone would name a town "Merden", CT... Connecticut is much too close to the Canadian border, and that name is WAY too similar to a French swear word. I felt that the name on the application HAD to be a mistake.

Sure enough, I looked up the ZIP code and discovered that the business is located in MERIDEN, CT. Now that name makes MUCH more sense!

I e-mailed this finding to Karla, whose response was that maybe the applicant had Merden for brains. LOL! Yeah, I think so, too.

No comments: