Support This Blogger

Saturday, October 24, 2020

Prepping for Monday

 

Monday will be my first time working from onsite since the end of March. I haven't been in the clinic since April 1 when we all were removing our personal items from the premises, because the entire floor was about to be converted for use as possible overflow beds for the hospital across the street.

I just set up a bag with SOME of said personal effects to bring back in, and rummaged up my work ID that I have not used in over 6 months. I am all set to go.

I will be carrying a carafe of coffee into the building in the mornings for the time being, as I am not sure what is up with the break room or if we are still doing things like sharing the coffee machine. For that matter, I have no idea if they have even been keeping up with providing the supplies for said coffee and tea, because COVID has trampled all over every budget everywhere on earth.

In other news, we got some dreadful news on Thursday. JFM's cousin, with whom I went to high school, had recently been getting some medical tests done to discern what was causing her to be sick. The worst possible answer came back: she had stage 4 breast cancer and the prognosis was that she had 2-3 weeks to live. What a horrendous shock! 😢 

The situation became even more difficult today. After swiftly declining on Friday, she passed away this morning. I am heartbroken for her, her husband, JFM, and all her loved ones. She and her husband were inseparable. 

I thought two weeks would be a hard time frame to acclimate to what was happening, and we didn't even have two days. So please send up some prayers for her and her family and friends. What a sad day it is!

No comments: