Support This Blogger

Sunday, August 09, 2020

Come as You Will Be party

 Yesterday, I took part in a fun party on Zoom. It was a Come as You Will Be event. The premise is that we were our 2026 selves, after having achieved the goals that we set for ourselves waaaay back on New Year's Day of 2021. We were to dress as our future selves, and tell everyone what we had accomplished, how we had reached our goals, what pitfalls we had to avoid, who helped us along the way, and so on.

I dressed for the beach, as my goal is to have a shore house.  I had my tankini top, a beach coverup, sun had, sun glasses, battery-operated fan, and my beach radio., Behind my head, on the mirror behind the sofa, I had a whole bunch of summer-related window clings.

I was hobnobbing with folks who were published authors, audio book narrators, and folks who had started their own companies. One lady had pics of her house in Hawaii, and a few people had magazine covers from Time, Smithsonian, and Rolling Stone with themselves on the cover. 

Then we had a question that I hadn't been expecting. Where did we see ourselves in the next five years, in 2031?

My answer was that I expect to be renting houses at the shore to other people, so that others can enjoy the shore as much as I do.

The truth is that this is a realistic answer, when you get right down to it. There is no reason why I can't do exactly this, if I play my cards right. There are people who use rental income to pay the mortgage and property taxes on their shore properties, and I see no reason why I can't be among them.

One thing at a time. First, we have to have the one shore house. Preferably, one that is either a duplex where we can rent out one floor, or has a separate in-law's quarters so we can rent the main house (or if it's a duplex, get two rentals from it). Once that has been achieved, and I have already notified Mark that I fully intend to see this through, then we can figure out what the next steps look like.

I am all about it. Watch this space.

No comments: