Support This Blogger

Tuesday, August 04, 2020

Bye-bye, Isaias!

Well, that was an interesting morning of weather. Tropical Storm Isaias blew through town, literally and figuratively, dumping a monsoon of rain on us. It was pouring like a sheet off the awning while the storm was at its height.

All morning, the Weather Channel was giving alerts for this locality. First, it was a stream of Tornado Warnings (of which, the first one was for this county and triggered my phone and watch to blare an alarm). It was easy to tell what direction the storm was moving by tracking where the Tornado Warnings were being given next.

Now, the sun is out, and the Tornado Warnings are over with for this area. However, we are now getting strings of Flash Flood Warnings for the entire region. Every river and creek just got inundated, and I suspect a lot of them are or will soon be spilling over.  Between the NOAA radio and the Weather Channel, it has been a continuous stream of alerts for different counties and bodies of water.

At least we were at low tide when the storm was at its worst. I was kind of cringing on behalf of the shore, because when we are at low tide, they are at high tide, so they were dealing with the tides AND the storm together. Reports of beach erosion are starting to come in.  I'm not surprised.

I'm test-driving the new Blogger website, even as I type. I'm not convinced I like it better than the previous layout, but it's not up to me, lol. I'm sure they have their reasons for doing a redesign, and I suspect a lot of those reasons are transparent to the user. Sometimes, upgrades and updates involve a lot of changes under the hood, not out where the users can see them.

Hey, as long as they stay in business, it's all good.

No comments: