Support This Blogger

Monday, May 04, 2020

I need to track down some writers groups

I think it's time I seek out some writers groups on Facebook.

Maybe I can find one or more groups geared toward writers on Medium.com. Not only can we give each other feedback, if we are all in the Members Partner Program, our interactions with one another's articles will result in payments to the articles' authors. Win/win.

For the time being, I have resolved to take some of my favorite topics, things that I have been expounding on for years anyway, and write about those things. (Hence, the article I posted on Sunday afternoon.) That sounds like the epitome of "write what you know" to me!

I also seem to write at my best when I am really motivated by emotion. Ironically, for a person who really tries to manage her anger, some of my absolute best writing has sprouted from events that have made me incandescent with rage. Go figure.

I certainly hope that I don't often have the need to pour out words on topics that have me ready to breathe fire, but I certainly have decided to resort to deploying my keyboard regularly when I have something to express... and I don't just mean for brief snippets of writing on social media. I am going to get back to the Real Thing, too, and REALLY write the way I did for all these years on this blog.

Therefore, to do during my lunch break: scan Facebook for writer's groups.

P.S. I was tipped off over the weekend to the existence of another site called MyLot.com . If that is another paid writing site, I will have to look into joining. Income streams FTW. Even pin money is money.

No comments: