Support This Blogger

Friday, October 21, 2011

I've officially begun my Christmas shopping

That does it. I officially began my Christmas shopping.

It started a few weeks ago when I tried to purchase a particular item from ThinkGeek, only to find that they were out of stock. I set up an email notification for when said item would get back IN stock.

The notice I just got was that ThinkGeek was discontinuing the item. BOO. So I went looking around for the same thing elsewhere, and found ONE left on Amazon. Not wanting to risk another "This item is sold out" issue, I ordered it immediately. And thus begins my Christmas shopping.

Thank God for internet shopping. I would much rather do my shopping at home than run out to brave the insane crowds, limited stock availability, and terrible parking that the malls have to offer. It saves time and gas, too, and the fact that the online stores are open 24/7 means that it's easier to fit the shopping into my schedule.

But anyway, it's beginning to look a little like Christmas around here. But just a little. I won't be shopping in earnest until a bit closer to the holiday.

No comments: