Support This Blogger

Friday, March 11, 2005

I'm in shock.

My mom called at about 2:45 with the news that my Uncle Pat (my dad's sister's husband) was on the way to the hospital. He'd suffered symptoms yesterday of illness, but didn't want to go to the hospital. He wanted to wait two or three days to see his own doctor.

Today, my Aunt Rita and cousin Joe (Pat and Rita's son) apparently convinced him to go to a doctor anyway.

My mom was near tears relaying all this. All we could do at this point was start praying.

Unfortunately, my mom called back an hour later. Uncle Pat passed away. :o(

I am in total shock. I only HAVE two aunts and two uncles, and now one of my uncles has passed away.

He would have turned 80 next month.

But where good people are concerned, no matter how long they are with us, it's never long enough. Never.

I can't believe this. And I'm rambling now. so I'm just going to post this.

No comments: