Support This Blogger

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

BTW, there've been some fun things going on in the past few weeks, even if I haven't had a lot of energy to blog about them.

For example, there was the Phan Club banquet on March 15. Jon Sim, Ben Stafford, and Ben's fiancee sat at the table with Karla, Al, Mark, and me. I can't say enough good things about how nice they are. :o) Mrs. Sim would have come, too, but their baby is just getting to a point where he's on a regular sleep schedule. I can appreciate why she wouldn't want to disrupt that.

Meanwhile, Ben and his fiancee are getting married on July 9, which is easy for me to remember because it's the day after Mark's birthday.

I have to remind myself to pick up a business card or something from both Criniti's and Popi's, since they said they like to try Italian restaurants. I can send them to Ben c/o the team; I figure that they might like to try a couple of family-owned Italian restaurants in the heart of South Philly.

The Banquet is, traditionally, the time when Secret Phans introduce themselves to their players, so I approached Boyd Kane and told him who I am. He was very friendly and gracious in thanking me for the gifts and cards he'd gotten this season. :o) He even stopped by our table (which was not far from the exit) on his way out at the end of the night, to say "Thank you" one more time.

(This was found in my draft copies. I'm posting it as is.)

No comments: