Support This Blogger

Monday, May 31, 2021

I'm not OK. And that's OK.

 We lost my dad a month ago yesterday.

And I am NOT OK. Not even a little bit, some days.

But, you know what? I accept that and I am not holding myself up to the standards of a non-bereaved person.

So when I forget things I would normally remember, when I fail to even think of a solution that might otherwise have occurred to me with little or no effort, guess what? My internal and external lives just had a freaking atom bomb dropped on them, and no, my brain does not work the way it did on April 29, when my dad was still alive.

I'm doing my best, World. But my best today is not my norm, and we both need to take that into account. The people who genuinely love, or at least respect, me will understand, particularly the ones who have dealt with it themselves.

No comments: