Support This Blogger

Friday, August 03, 2012

I want a reset button on this day.

Today has not gotten off to an auspicious start. I want to go back to bed and start it over.

My dad called with an update on my aunt. She had started pain medication earlier in the week, because whenever she had to move, her bones hurt. At least she wasn't in pain as long as she lay still.

But now, hospice has stopped her insulin. We are probably looking at losing her within the week. :-(

I really hate this. But maybe this is God's way of ensuring that she doesn't hang on until major pain begins. It's really a shame, though. I can't believe how rapidly this disease has progressed. It has t even been four months since the diagnosis.

So I called Mark to let him know, and then JFM, who told me that our close friend JR's dad is nearing the end, as well, and probably will pass today. ARGH.

Like I said, this day desperately needs a reset button. We're looking at a multi-bereavement week coming up.

No comments: