Support This Blogger

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I'm sensing a theme here...

I took my mom food shopping tonight. My dad has been having major issues with neck, back, and arm pain, and while treatments have been helping, he hasn't been driving while this has been going on. My mom doesn't drive, so I drove her.

Mark and I don't need much in the way of groceries, but I managed to find a few things we "need" in the house, especially since I've been back to the diet/exercise regimen I was on prior to the surgery.

First, I found something Mark and I both like, flavored almonds. They're not so easy to find close to home, but the supermarket where my parents shop had all sorts of them. It's a healthy snack, as snacks go, as long as you eat a normal portion of them So I picked up chocolate-flavored and chocolate-mint flavored.

Then when we were in the dairy aisle, I noticed chocolate almond milk. Into the cart it went. (We normally drink soy milk.)

Then we got to whatever aisle had Nutella in it. For those who haven't tried it, it's a chocolate hazelnut spread that IMO is delicious. I haven't bought it since Mark and I were first married, nearly 12 years ago. I decided I'd waited long enough. I made one concession, though, and decided to try the house brand as it cost less and had fewer calories.

Chocolate- and chocolate-mint-flavored almonds. Chocolate almond milk. Chocolate hazelnut spread. Have you noticed a theme here?

I also got a package of 4 jar openers from the dollar aisle, and if THOSE had come in a chocolate/nut flavor, I'd have opted for that version as well. But as jar openers are inedible, I had to settle for the non-chocolate/nut variety. ;-)

No comments: