Support This Blogger

Thursday, October 02, 2003

Well, apparently I'm not the only one who has noticed the backbiting going on around here. Two people who are above my boss brought EVERYONE into the conference room, in small groups, to inform EVERYONE that there have been reported instances of name-calling, hostility, and harassment. They reminded each group that Nameless Nationwide Department Store, as an employer, does not tolerate such behavior. They ended on an amiable note -- "We know it's been a long summer, everyone just turn it down a notch" -- but I hope like heck that the point has gotten across to everyone in BOTH departments.

All I ask for is to come in, do my work, treat/be treated by people with respect, and go home. I think that's more than reasonable. Now let's see if the little group meetings with everyone bring the atmosphere in this place closer to a situation where I can actually HAVE what I'm asking for.

No comments: