Support This Blogger

Friday, January 14, 2011

Surgery followup and coffee

On Thursday, I had my scheduled followup with the surgeon. My recovery is proceeding as it should, the infection issue is resolved, and none of my remaining symptoms (of which there are a few) are out of the ordinary. He said it takes twelve weeks to really complete the healing process, so I shouldn't be surprised if I still have the occasional symptom at any point during the next month or so.

I'm going to presume that, as long as my condition keeps gradually improving, and as long as I don't have a flat-out mishap (God forbid) like a fall down the stairs, there's nothing to worry about from this point onward.

But it's good to know that little detail about still having a few weeks' worth of recovering to do. It means I needn't be concerned if I trigger a flareup of symptoms when I resume using the treadmill. I'm cleared to go back to exercising -- yay, hooray! :-) That's definitely my favorite good news from the doc's visit.

Oh, and as a footnote, no one came in during the final weeks of last year and exceeded my record for "largest uterus removed during 2010 at Hospital X". It's nice to excel at something, I suppose. I wouldn't say that setting that particular record would have been my first choice for personal achievements, but we have to play the cards we're dealt. ;-)

After the doctor's appointment, I headed over to a nearby Dunkin Donuts. They make both my favorite breakfast sandwiches AND -- by far -- my favorite fast-food coffee, so I figured I'd treat myself. But you know what? Even though I've only been making the cold-brewed coffee for what, a week? Ten days? I already notice the difference between it and traditional hot-brew coffee. And I like the cold-brewed better... which, given how much I love DD coffee, is *really* saying something.

So if coffee's something you genuinely like, by all means, run "cold brewed coffee" through your favorite search engine, follow the instructions, and see how you like the results. I endorse it as an experiment well worth trying.

No comments: