Support This Blogger

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Auntie Mame

Mark, John R, JFM and I watched Mame for the first time in eons on New Year's evening. It got me thinking about the books by Patrick Dennis that the movie was based on.

A little looking around online later, and I discovered that both Auntie Mame and its sequel, Around the World with Auntie Mame, are available for the Nook e-reader.

Need I say that I purchased them on the spot? I was already in the midst of reading a book at the time, a science-fiction book called Spares. But I finished that this afternoon and launched directly into Auntie Mame from Spares. (I was in a doctor's waiting room at the time, and glad I'd brought the Nook for what turned out to be a lengthy wait.)

I've actually read the print versions of the two Auntie Mame books already; however, there's another Patrick Dennis e-book I also bought which I haven't read yet: Little Me. I'm looking forward to that one. But first, I'm having a grand time reacquainting myself with Auntie Mame.

No comments: