Support This Blogger

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Of all the times..!

 Of all the times for me to forget to take the post-gallbladder-surgery medication, I had my brain-lock moment yesterday. 

Months ago, I went to a GI doc and got a med that helps with post-gallbladder-removal intestinal rebellion. I got fed up with the bouts of being jet-propelled, and made the appointment. The good news: it works VERY well! The other news: if I miss my daily dose, it takes 3 or 4 days for my intestines to calm themselves back down. After discerning this via trial and error, or really just error, I have been extra-careful to take that med every day.

Yesterday, however, was not a normal day. I went with Mark so he could have his colonoscopy. All was well, and he can wait ten years for the next one. But I somehow forgot to medicate at lunchtime yesterday, and I am living to regret that mistake today. 

Considering that the side effects of the Ozempic also cause a person to become jet-propelled, I fear there are going to be a lot of organ recitals in the next few days. Talk about "May you live in interesting times", lol.

No comments: