Support This Blogger

Saturday, September 10, 2022

New Health Regimen

I started a new medication last Monday. It's a once-weekly injectable. Yes, you saw right: injectable. I, the biggest needle-phobe you are likely to ever know, am willing to try an injectable medication if it means fixing the direction in which my a1c and weight were trending.
 
I am not diabetic, and I would like to continue to be able to say that, so I had a long talk with the doctor about options. I am already tracking calories like it's going out of style, and I was doing lots of calorie-burning until the swimming pools all closed and Bell's palsy happened. But the fact of the matter is that some of my existing meds, which I absolutely need to continue taking, can make shedding pounds more difficult.
 
So, bearing all this in mind, I broached the topic with my doctor about what additional things I can do, and this injectable med was on the list of options.
You KNOW I am motivated to make the extra pounds go away if I would even consider, for one moment, anything that involved needles.
 
I took it for the first time last Monday. I could barely look at the needle part of the apparatus, but I took it. And I am already down 4 pounds since then. Wow. 
 
I will keep doing the other things I have been doing, of course. But I think this is going to help me get results that have, overall, been rather difficult to achieve so far.

No comments: