Support This Blogger

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I have two favorite Richard Bach quoes.

I have two favorite Richard Bach quotes. This is one of them.

The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.

Maybe it's time that I read Illusions again. I'm thinking that I'm somewhat overdue for a refresh on that score. Perhaps I'd manage my disappointment better with an outlook that's more in line with the philosophy of my favorite author.

Because right now, all I want to do is disconnect from the world. And from the things that can neither be un-said, un-heard, un-seen, un-read, un-discussed, nor un-realized. I can't do any of those things. Nor can I disconnect. But I wish I could. The world today looks different to me than it did four days ago. And I'm not liking this new version of The Truth at all. Not one bit.

No comments: