Support This Blogger

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Something told me to take a look at my bank balance online this morning. So at the crack of dawn, I logged on.

Surprise -- there was an automated mortgage payment scheduled to go out. This wouldn't have been a problem before now. But given that the mortgage was officially paid off two days ago, yeah -- I consider that to be an issue.

So I called My Former Mortgage Bank's customer service number. Turns out you can't get a human being on there until 8 AM Eastern time, and the automated options were of no use to me, so I waited until then to call back.

Yes, the automated payment was already cancelled. The refund will come through "within the next ten business days".

TEN business days? They can't just say "Whoops! Our bad" and send it back immediately? GRRRR... they wouldn't have liked it much if I'd sat on THEIR money for ten business days, now, would they?

Oh, to heck with it. I'll just keep checking my bank balance. And double-check at the end of this month, to make sure that the mortgage auto-payments are completely deactivated and gone from the face of the earth.

No comments: