Support This Blogger

Friday, January 20, 2006

Tonight, something unusual happened when I was on my way to the bus stop. I noticed a cell phone lying on the pavement. It was an older model phone, judging from the size of it, and it was in a nice little protective cloth case with a belt clip.

About a half dozen people were waiting at the bus stop a few yards away. So I called out, "Did anyone lose a phone?" They all looked at me like I had two heads. No one answered, so I presumed the answer was, "No" and took it back to the building where I work. They have a guest services desk, which I presume functions as a lost-and-found. (And if it doesn't, I presume they'll know where a found cell phone should be brought.)

God was good to me; I didn't even miss a bus due to my detour. The same people, plus a few more, were still waiting at the bus stop when I arrived there the second time.

So now I'm IN the bus, aging as it creeps through Center City traffic. Rush hour's a pain sometimes.

No comments: