Support This Blogger

Saturday, January 14, 2006

I didn't realize until this morning that I hadn't updated the blog since my mom was in the hospital. Whoops! Sorry about that! Good news: she passed the stress test and the echocardiogram with flying colors on Friday morning (January 6), and was sent home. They still don't know what caused the symptoms, but at least they determined that there's no imminent disaster ready to happen.

She'll be following up with the family doctor on Monday, and from there, they'll determine when or whether to set up an appointment with the cardiologist.

In other news, my blood pressure prescription ran out. I used the pharmacy's automated phone reorder system to request that they call my doctor to renew it. This was on Friday, when I still had few days' supply of medicine remaining. Long story short: it took until Thursday (including two trips by Mark to the pharmacy for three emergency pills, and six calls from me to the doctor and pharmacy) for the doctor to finally renew the freaking prescription. No wonder I have high blood pressure! GRRRRRRR!

All is well now, at least. Plus, I have an appointment for a checkup next Thursday, which was long overdue (to put it mildly).

So that's all the news that's fit to print for now. Talk to you later. :o)

No comments: