Support This Blogger

Thursday, August 28, 2003

What a week! I never did get to the softball game on Tuesday. I was exhausted, and when Mark didn't want to go with me, I was too tired to make the drive myself.

This wasn't a normal kind of tired, either... I fell asleep at about 7:30 PM and stayed that way nearly the entire night. I should have remembered that megasleep mode has tended to precede a migraine, but it's been about two months (yay) since I had a migraine. How quickly we forget...

Well, Wednesday morning when I got up, I wasn't feeling well. The fact that a migraine was coming on never crossed my mind. I thought it was allergies or the beginnings of a sinus headache. I even took Naprocen (anti-inflammatory), as I've done just about every morning since AADB. I find I have fewer aches and pains overall, particularly from my knee, if I take the Naprocen every day. I still kind of think it's among the reasons why it's been so many weeks since my last migraine.

However... apparently, even taking a dose of Naprocen every morning isn't enough to stave off EVERY migraine. I start work at 8 AM, and by 9:15 I could tell that it was a migraine, not a regular headache. Did I have meds with me? NoooOOOOoooo. To make a long story less long, I wound up leaving work at 12:30. Just as well... I was a bit nervous at driving that whole way home (on I-476 and the Schuylkill Expressway), period. But especially, the thought of braving either of those roads at rush hour, in that condition, made me cringe. So, home I went.

Today, I was back at work. Good. My headache was largely gone. Also good. But the traffic on the way home.... HIDEOUS. It took me 90 minutes to do what should have been a 40-minute drive. Argh!!! I really, REALLY need a job that's closer to home. The sooner, the better.

No comments: