Support This Blogger

Friday, August 22, 2003

I made an Executive Decision a few mornings ago, and I've stuck by it ever since. For my first few days of driving in here, I'd tune in to the all-news station to get the traffic report (every ten minutes, on the 2s) before switching over to the music station I like best. However, I discovered early this week that the music station offers the same traffic reports about two minutes after the news station has them... not to mention, it's not like I have Clue One of an alternative route to get here if the way I know is having a traffic jam, anyway. All the traffic report does is forewarn me if there's congestion on any of the roads I'll be using.

So now I leave the music station on ALL the time. Life's too short to listen to the news when you'd really, really prefer to have music on.
----
Cleverest answering machine greeting I've heard so far: "Darn it all, we missed your call! Please leave a message..." ROTFLMHO! After the beep, I introduced myself, left the 800# for them to call and reschedule, and followed it up with, "By the way, your answering machine message is great!" :o) Life is short, pay compliments, even to complete strangers.
----
PIZZA! I'm not sure what the occasion is, but there are a whole bunch of pizzas in the lunchroom for everyone. Yay, :o)!
----
Tonight there's another Flyers/Phantoms softball game. The only problem is, it's in Warminster PA, and I have no idea where the ballfield is. I think I'll give this one a miss and aim for the one that's in Bellmawr, NJ on Sunday afternoon. At least I've had a couple of recent hockey fixes, between seeing Neil a couple Sundays ago and seeing the game on Wednesday. Even more important, I've had a couple of GOALIE fixes, since Neil was at both events. anybody who's aware of what a Goalie Junkie I am knows that this is a major thing. :o)
----
GOOD THING I didn't try to go to the softball game tonight. The best way for me to get there, the PA turnpike, is closed due to a jackknifed tractor trailer that spilled fertilizer all over the road. Traffic on I-476 North and the Schuylkill Expressway Westbound (both the opposite direction of the way I drive home), headed toward the turnpike, was at a total standstill for miles. Even if I had a clue how to find the ballfield, traffic is so messed up that I would have been lucky to get there by the time the game ended.

Bring on Sunday afternoon's game in South NJ; at least I have a pretty good idea where Bellmawr is!

No comments: