Support This Blogger

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

A New World Record!

 Before today, the largest document I’d ever had to scan was 492 pages long.

This morning, I received one that had been shipped to us in a cardboard box. It’s the Mother of all Documents: 1754 pages long.

😳😡‍πŸ’«πŸ˜΅ Yeowza! That obliterates my previous record!

I reached out to the company that sent us the document, asking if it would be possible to send it to us in a digital format.

I can only get a finite number of sheets of paper to physically go through the scanner during a given workday. Scanning 492 sheets took an entire morning, years ago, because dealing with paper jams and proofreading every page of the results has to be factored into the scanning process. I hesitate to calculate how long scanning 1754 pages would require. I have a newer scanner now, which is faster than its predecessor, but even then, it’d take a good chunk of time for a project of this scope.

I hope the medical records company can send a digital document; otherwise, I’ll have to craft a battle plan to divide and conquer this document. I’m mulling over the process I’d have to use to handle the situation, regardless. Better to have a plan and not need it, than to need a plan and not have it. The document was separated into five reams by the sender, so maybe I could handle it one ream at a time.

We’ll see if they can honor my request. Fingers crossed! 🀞🏻🀞🏻🀞🏻

And God be with all the folks whose medical history looks like an unabridged dictionary. πŸ™πŸ» Scanning all that info is a piece of cake, compared to LIVING all that info.

No comments: