Support This Blogger

Wednesday, May 04, 2016

St. John's Wort

Not only was yesterday a productive day, in terms of the amount of records I got scanned into the system, but I spotted a typo in one of the forms that patients must sign in order to give consent to a particular procedure being done. 

On the form, patients are advised to avoid particular meds and herbs that could cause bleeding, including "St. John Warts". I think that an Autocorrect Gremlin made a stealth change to the text, because that name should read "St. John's Wort". I forwarded this information up the chain of command, and I hope it will reach the person(s) who have the authority to edit the content of the form. Right now, the form was last revised in 2013. We'll see how long it takes before the update goes through, and we start seeing a revision date of 2016. :)

No comments: