Support This Blogger

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Blizzard of 2016

The totals are pretty much in. We scored 20.8 inches of snow. I'm not interpreting tomorrow. Between here and the parish where I interpret, there are no guarantees that all the streets will be passable. Getting stuck in snow, in these temperatures, is a Certifiably Bad Idea. 

Meanwhile, I fill my weekly pill minder on Saturdays. Once again, I am mystified by the fact that the bottle of glucosamine chondroitin, which is for joint pain, has a tamper-proof seal that requires an act of God to open. Exactly how are people with hand pain supposed to manage this feat, short of resorting to explosives? Even Mark, whose hands are not in chronic pain, couldn't pull the darn thing off the bottle on the first three attempts. Jiminy H. Cricket. Is this a ploy to make sure we keep needing to take supplements for joint pain?

An hour after filling the pill minder, I was STILL sore. Hello, BioFreeze ointment. 

No comments: