Support This Blogger

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Oh, well. It would have been a nice idea, if it had been meant to be.

I got an ad in the mail for pet medical insurance. Knowing what we've spent on Captain and Stanley in the past two years, I looked the program up online.

There are four levels of coverage, and only the most expensive of the four covers dental care. But then I read the "what's not covered" list, and gingivitis is specifically excluded. So forget THAT plan. The cats both have chronic issues with that, to the tune of both cats needing three separate dental procedures involving extractions in the past four years. If I can't get gingivitis treatment covered, it's not worth having the plan.

I wish there were pet medical insurance plans that didn't restrict away the main things that I would actually WANT them for, like geriatric care or, for the reasons stated above, gingivitis. It would actually be worth the investment to me if I could find REAL coverage for veterinary expenses, instead of just a bare-minimum amount of coverage. I do realize that these companies are in business to make money, but on the other hand, I want to actually get something for what I'm paying for. Why would I subscribe to a veterinary insurance that refuses to pay toward anything I actually need to have coverage for?

No comments: