Support This Blogger

Monday, March 06, 2006

So much for doing Live Coverage of Bunco night! It turned out to be a protracted dice game, during which I was interpreting non-stop for Joe J. That made it impossible to stop and take a pic or post. It was fun, though, and I met a bunch of new Deaf and hearing people.
To my great delight, one of those people is the widow of my late and much-missed first ASL instructor, Jack M. I knew his son was one of the coordinators of Bunco night, and I'd intended to approach him after the event was over to give him my regards. But one aspect of Bunco Night was moving from table to table, and one lady at the final table we sat at indicated Jack's son on stage and identified herself as the mother of the person who coordinated Bunco Night. I was able to give both her and her son my regards for how much I had enjoyed starting to learn ASL with Jack as my instructor.

(Found in my draft copies. Publishing as is.)

No comments: